viernes, 13 de mayo de 2011

On Procrastination

Breaking habits is sure a difficult matter. Even though I have spent almost 2 decades of my life going to school in different stages, yet I am still not able to get my homework before hand. I remember a friend of mine once told me this not only happens to me, she advised me to relax and procrastinate. By the time I did not know the expression or the meaning of it and she kindly explained to me what it meant. Procrastination means to postpone performing an activity.
 Every night from the past week, I have been staying up late to try to comply with all my assignments at school; whenever I sit in front of the computer monitor, I get this urge to stand up and make some pop corn, when it’s done, I take it with me to my working place and start eating as I surf the net looking for important information. When I am about to finish my popcorn bowl, which usually takes less that 5 minutes, I feel that I must drink something refreshing or I would die from thirst. I rush up to the kitchen and fix myself an iced soy milk frapuccino; I spend my time looking for the perfect spice for it, ummm, cinnamon. Go back to the computer and keep on eating and drinking. By then it looks like I’m ready to start my blog entries, but first I have to check my email account and see who’s online on msn. I could not do my homework without knowing that. I open up a word file and start typing, it seems like I have good ideas going on, and however, these ideas need some music to have more rhythm. Next step, I go back to youtube and begin looking for artists I used to listen to when I was a child. I get mesmerized by the way they dressed, rewind the clips make fun of bad lipsynking abilities and so on. It’s midnight already and I’m so tired. I look at my article and it is half way done, my eyelids are exhausted from all that hard work.
I tell you all of this so you get the picture of me doing the dreaded homework. Trust me , I do understand students because I know well my reality when it comes to doing assignments. Life is so ironic, when you have time to do your homework; there are a thousand other things to do. Watch this cartoon video, procrastination couldn’t have been better expressed. Enjoy.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario